Courses in Food Technology
B. Tech (Food Technology)
Duration: 4 Years (VIII Semesters)
No. of Departments: 06
Departments of Food Technology College
- Dept. of Food Process Technology
- Dept. of Food, Trade & Business Mgmt.
- Dept. of Food Engineering
- Dept. of Food Chemistry & Nutrition
- Dept. of Food Microbiology & Safety
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Students passed 10+2 with (Physics-Chemistry-Mathematics) group or (Physics-Chemistry-Mathematics-Biology) group are eligible for admission to B. Tech (Food Technology).
- The total intake of the batch is 80 seats each year.
- 80% of the 80 seats (64 seats) shall be classified as free seats. Of which 70% seats are for U Quota and 30% seats for M Quota.
- 20% of the 80 seats (16 seats) shall be classified as Management Quota seats.
- The admissions are done at V.N.M.K.V. Parbhani (U Quota) and MCAER Pune (M Quota) purely on merit basis.
- Fee Structure: Govt. Quota – INR 86,500/- per year
- Students opting for B. Tech (Food Technology) may note that the programme leads to a professional degree.
- Educational loans for recognized financial institutions are made readily available for the students at low interest rates.
- Various scholarship opportunities through Central and State Govt. are made available to the students of reserved categories as per the below guidelines:
- [SC, ST, NT 100% scholarship, OBC 50% scholarship, Open (EBC) 50% scholarship]
Semesters & Credit Details
The programme commences from April 2020 and is divided into 8 semesters spread across 4 years of the graduation period. The programme and curricula have been periodically aligned based on the requirement of the industry. The tentative schedule and list of the semesters is mentioned below;
Schedule of Semesters 1 to 6 : Course Work (145 credits)
Schedule of Semester 7: Students Ready Experiential Learning Programme (20 credits)
|1.||Experiential Learning Programme I||07|
|2.||Experiential Learning Programme II||07|
|3.||Student Ready – Research Project||03|
|4.||Student Ready – Seminar||01|
|5.||Industrial Tour (Tour 1 + Tour 2)||(1+1)|
Schedule of Semester 8: Students Ready In-plant Training (20 credits)
|1.||Student Ready – Inplant Training||20|
Department-wise course work:
|1.||Food Process Technology||39|
|3.||Food Chemistry & Nutrition||19|
|4.||Food Microbiology & Safety||21|
|5.||Food Business Management||22|
|6.||Food Plant Operations||40|